Fire Chief / Fire Prevention Officer – William Strubbe
Bill Strubbe joined the department as a cadet/junior firefighter in 1980. He was appointed by the township trustees as the Fire Prevention Officer in 1991 and became Chief of the Plymouth Volunteer Fire Company in 1996.
Bill is currently certified in:
- Firefighter II
- State Certified Fire Instructor
- State Certified Fire Safety Inspector
- Hazardous Materials Technician
- Hazardous Materials Incident Command
- Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Awareness Level Instructor
- Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Operations Level Instructor
- Emergency Vehicle Driver Trainer Instructor
- National Incident Management System Certified
- Incident Safety Officer
- Unified Command for Multi-Agency & Catastrophic Events
- Radiological Monitoring
- Trench & Excavation Rescue Awareness Level
- Basic Wildfire
- Former Basic EMT & Advanced EMT
Part-Time Firefighter/EMS Position
Plymouth Township is hiring for the position of Part-Time Firefighter/EMT or Firefighter/Paramedic. All candidates must have a valid driver’s license and a minimum of State of Ohio Firefighter 1 and EMT Certifications. CE for Firefighter and EMS Certifications will be provided during employment. Eight and 16 hour shifts will be available, seven days a week.
Pay rates are:
- FF1/EMT – $13.50
- FF2/EMT – $14.00
- FF1/Paramedic – $14.50
- FF2/Paramedic – $15.00
Paid-Per-Call Firefighter and/or EMS Position
Plymouth Township is hiring for the position of Paid-Per-Call Firefighter and/or EMT and/or Paramedic. All candidates must have a valid driver’s license and a minimum of State of Ohio Firefighter 1 and/or EMT and/or Paramedic Certification, or be able to obtain one of the above certifications within 12 months of employment. Candidate must reside within a seven-mile radius of the fire station. CE for Firefighter and EMS Certifications will be provided during employment. The Paid-Per-Call Position will be used to cover the station while the duty crew is out on a routine call; respond to emergencies that require additional personnel to assist the duty crew, such as major medical, fires, crashes, and rescues; and to cover all calls when the station is not staffed with a duty crew. The Paid-Per-Call employee will be required to be available/sign up for an agreed number of minimum hours per month. Pay rate will be $20.00 per call.
Applications for these positions are available through ohiomeansjobs.com, 2247 Lake Ave., Ashtabula, OH 44004, phone 440-994-1234.